Maple Leaf Test Rides

The continuing saga of test riding a Supercycle SC1800 (Canadian Tire product # 71-1556)

Saturday, January 14, 2006

I love my Supercycle SC1800

This thing rides smooth. The crankset seems high off the ground, making it difficult to put my foot down at red lights. The angle of thighs to back is tight and weight distribution seems OK.

I've put 9.94 km on the machine so far. Not exactly the most efficient ride ever rode, but for $99, what the hey. Whew was it ever windy today(gusts up to 82kph) making it a nasty headwind. Not a pleasant day for a bicycle ride. The LCD display on the speedometer was barely functioning in the -2 C weather. Noticing the lack of a bell, let's hope I gon't get a ticket!

Got a funny feeling that saddle is going to be sore for rides longer than an hour.....

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home